Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Off again, on again

So I have been enjoying Kickboxing for the last several weeks. All I can say is Kickboxing has been kicking my butt. It has been a great workout and there have been many a day that I woke up VERY sore, but the good sore...like you worked a muscle that hasn't been used...well maybe ever. I might consider continuing on with it if it isn't too expensive but I am going to give Crossfit a try first. My last day of my 30 day trial for Kickboxing is coming up next week and then I will start up at Crossfit Barlett for 30 days.

I enjoyed the month of June so much because I finished two of my prescriptions at the end of May and went for the whole month without having to take any medication. I went in at the beginning of June for a re-check on my Thyroid level. I waited two weeks with no call back on my results so finally I called my doctor's office any the nurse said, "Oh, no one called you? Yes, you need to continue taking the Levothyroxine and the Metformin," however, I had never been given a prescription of Metformin. When I told the nurse she sounded surprised and said she would send over that prescription. Then she proceeded to really sell me on it by saying to take less for the first couple of days as it would probably give me a stomach ache. YEA!

She was not kidding either. I'm not sure if it was the Metformin but after I finished my workout this morning I had a horrible stomach cramp that lasted for 20 minutes. Not positive it was the medicine, it could have been from the sit-ups I just finished doing. I guess I will find out tomorrow if it happens again. I didn't read all of the side effects in the pamphlet in hopes that the hypochondriac in me wouldn't know therefore causing me not to have any of them.


So now I'm back to taking medication and honestly it kinds sucks. I'm not very good about remembering to take medicine and the Levothyroxine is annoying because I have to take it a half an hour before I eat my first meal. Sure, that doesn't sound that bad but I already have to get up at 4:30 AM to get to my workout so now I have to either get up even earlier or eat really fast right before I go. Oh well, it's just the way things go and it makes my brain have to work a little harder in the morning to remember what I need to do.

I will definitely post again when I start Crossfit so look out for my review of that in the coming weeks. I'll be interested to see how sore it makes me. Hopefully I will survive it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment