Sunday, August 26, 2012

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Well, I made it through 2 weeks of Paleo. It was tough and I had a few cheats but I think I did well. Between the diet change and the Crossfit I lost 10 pounds.

Unfortunately my month of Crossfit is coming to an end this week and I don't think I'll be continuing it at this time. I'm also not going to be able to continue the Paleo at the extremes I've been doing it either. While I was hoping that I would be able to continue with both of these changes while staying within my budget it is just not possible at this time. Paying off debt and staying within my budget is my top priority at this time. I know it sounds crazy to put budget over health but I have a free gym available to me at work and I'm going to try to continue with the principles of Paleo for as many meals as I can afford to. It's really sad that unhealthy food it so much cheaper. I'm trying not to see this as a failure but a success to stay on budget.

On the upside I found a really great butternut squash recipe that I made tonight and am going to enjoy for breakfasts this week. I'm also greatly enjoying the brats and ground beef I bought from local Claybrook Farms. It's super delicious grass-fed beef raised right here in Tennessee.

I'm really hoping that I can keep up the momentum I've got going again with my weight loss. I'm just 30 pounds away from the 100 pounds down mark. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment