Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tough but Necessary

Man, this was one tough week. Here's a breakdown of my workout schedule for the week.

Monday: Crossfit 6:00 PM - 7:10 PM
Tuesday: Crossfit 7:00 AM - 8:05 AM
Wednesday: Pilates 4:30 PM - 5:20 PM
Thursday: Crossfit 5:30 PM - 6:35 PM
Friday: Day off
Saturday: Crossfit 10:00 AM - 11:05 AM
Sunday: Yard work 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM

Okay so it may not look like that tough of a week but Saturday's Crossfit was crazy. We had to do 200 meters of lunges while carrying a bar with or without weights. For every 10 lunges we had to do 10 clean jerks. I was excited because I didn't finish last though I was carrying much less weight than the two people behind me. After I finished up my workout Ken and I decided to go to Shelby Farms to play a round of Frisbee golf. I'm still not very good but we had a good time. It took us about 2 hours since I had to make so many more throws than Ken.

I woke up this morning in pain. My butt muscles hurt so bad from the lunges (sorry). It hurt to sit so I figured it would be better to get moving today. We could neglect the yard work no longer. Ken mowed and weed-wiped while I raked and bagged leaves, acorns, and all the other weird crap that comes off our trees. We worked for 4 hours but finally finished. By the time I got done I could barely move. I'm sure I'll be in a world of hurt tomorrow.

On the food front, I started reading The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf last week. I'm about halfway through and really finding it interesting. I had started reading The Paleo Diet by Dr. Cordain about a year but honestly it was a little too sciencey for me. I am really enjoying Robb Wolf's writing. He mixes the sciencey stuff with some humor and makes it a little easier to read.

So I've decided to give it a shot. I started Saturday and so far so good. I had eggs for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday with fruit on the side. I had a salad for dinner last night and tonight I had eggplant dipped in egg and flaxseed meal with homemade Marinara sauce with Turkey. It was actually really delicious. I'm cooking a roast with vegetables to have for lunches this week.

Honestly I was a little worried to try this since we are living on a tight budget right now. I recently read Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and it inspired me to make a budget and get in better financial shape. It's hard to decide between financial fitness and physical fitness but I'm going to try to do both. It'll probably be tough but I want to stop taking medication someday if possible and I also want to get out from under debt. So I'm going to give it my best. Wish me luck...I might need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment